Axis Sport Performance has been training athletes in Howard County for over ten years. Our
mission is to provide professional quality strength and conditioning
to athletes and adults of all ages and skill levels.
The structure of our programs, combined with our coaches' constant attention to proper form and technique, play an intricate and indispensable role in performance enhancement and injury prevention. Whether a high level athlete seeking a competitive edge or adult looking to get and stay in shape, Axis is the place to be.
Why Should YOU Train at Axis?
1. Results- The numbers speak for themselves. Over the past ten years athletes in our Complete Athlete Development program have averaged the following improvements:
20 Yard Sprint- .16 faster
Pro Agility- .30 faster
Vertical Jump- 2" higher
Broad Jump- 4" farther
2. Coaching- Even the best program won’t deliver optimal results without quality coaching behind it. Axis prides itself on teaching technique and incessant attention to detail during all training sessions. Our coaches' experience can’t be matched, either. Axis coaches’ collective experience at the collegiate and professional level includes time with the Baltimore Ravens, Michigan Wolverines, Maryland Terrapins, Arizona State Sun Devils, Virginia Tech Hokies, and Utah State Aggies. Quite simply, we know what it takes to get to the next level, because we’ve been there.
3. Motivation- Our small group setting allows us to maintain low coach to athlete ratios while enhancing motivation. Working out by yourself or one-on-one with a personal trainer can get monotonous and stale. Placing athletes in groups enhances competition, camaraderie, and the overall training environment, leading to greater effort and results over time.
4. Programming- Our programs are based on science, period. We are uninterested in the latest gimmicks or throwing a bunch of stuff against a wall to see what sticks. We implement time-tested, scientifically proven means and methodologies to achieve the best results for all of our populations; youth, high school, college, or adult.
5. Results- Did we mention this already? Axis athletes have gone on to play at Maryland, Penn State, Florida, Duke, North Carolina, Minnesota, Marquette, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Villanova, Tennessee, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, UCONN, NC State, Towson, Johns Hopkins, and many other colleges in a variety of sports. Want to take your game to the next level? This is the place to be!