AXIS Sport Performance Training has been training athletes in Howard County for over ten years. Our
mission is to provide professional quality sport performance training
to athletes of all ages and skill levels so they have the opportunity to
excel in their chosen sports and stay active in the sports they
The structure of our programs, combined with our coaches' attention to proper form and technique, play an intricate and indispensable role in injury prevention and performance enhancement. AXIS is focused not only on helping our athletes get in the game, but stay in the game.
Why Should YOU Train at AXIS?
1. Results- The numbers speak for themselves. Over the past ten years athletes in our Complete Athlete Development program have averaged the following improvements:
20 Yard Sprint- .16 faster
Pro Agility- .30 faster
Vertical Jump- 2" higher
Broad Jump- 4" farther
2. Coaching- Even the best program won’t deliver optimal results without quality coaching behind it. AXIS prides itself on teaching technique and incessant attention to detail during all training sessions. Our coaches' experience can’t be matched, either. AXIS coaches’ collective experience at the collegiate and professional level includes time with the Baltimore Ravens, Michigan Wolverines, Maryland Terrapins, Arizona State Sun Devils, Temple Owls, and Utah State Aggies. Quite simply, we know what it takes to get to the next level, because we’ve been there.
3. Motivation- Our small group setting allows us to maintain low coach to athlete ratios while enhancing motivation. Working out by yourself or one-on-one with a personal trainer can get monotonous and stale. Placing athletes in groups enhances competition, camaraderie, and the overall training environment, leading to greater effort and results over time.
4. Programming- Our programs are based on science, period. We are uninterested in the latest gimmicks or throwing a bunch of stuff against a wall to see what sticks. We implement time-tested, scientifically proven means and methodologies to achieve the best results for all of our populations; youth, high school, college, or adult.
5. Results- Did we mention this already? AXIS athletes have gone on to play at Maryland, Georgetown, Penn State, Minnesota, Louisville, North Carolina State, Ohio State, Villanova, Vanderbilt, UCONN, George Washington, Towson, Johns Hopkins, James Madison, UMBC, and many other colleges in a variety of sports. Want to take your game to the next level? This is the place to be.